The Procedure for Visa on Arrival in Thailand
Indian passport holders who are visiting Thailand for Tourism and plan to stay no more than 15 days in the country can avail the Visa on Arrival service from and of the 32 designated channels of Immigration checkpoints including Phuket International Airport. Depending on the passenger traffic, the process can take anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour.
The Visa on Arrival service is available 24 hours at each of these international airports in Thailand:
Phuket International Airport
Don Muang Airport, Bangkok
Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Samui Airport, Surat Thani
Chiangmai International Airport
Hatyai International Airport, Songkla
Note: If you enter Thailand by land via Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Malaysia without a prior visa, you shall be granted a Visa for only 15 days.
Indian passport holders will require the following documents to avail the Visa on Arrival service:
• Airline Boarding Pass
• A passport that is valid for at least 6 months following your departure date with at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued
• A completed visa application form available at Immigration checkpoints in Thailand
• One recent photograph of 4 x 6 centimetres headshot not older than 6 months
• A confirmed airline ticket showing the departure from Thailand within 15 days of the date of entry. Land exit from Thailand will disqualify you for Visa on Arrival.
• A completed Arrival-Departure card, which the airline staff will distribute before landing in Thailand
• Proof of means of living expenses while in Thailand, which is 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family*
• Visa on Arrival application fee of 2,000 Baht*
Apply For Visa before You Travel
If you’re in Thailand for longer than the 30 days that Visa on Arrival allows, you can also apply for Visa to the Royal Thai Embassy.
You can get a regular Visa from the Royal Thai Consulate General which is in three cities – New Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata. Your passport will come back to you in 3 working days after your application is fully complete.*
The main documents and details required for the long form Visa are as follows:
1. Passport (with 10-year validity) which remains valid for 6 months from the date of departure. Please note that the passport booklet should have a minimum of 2 blank pages for official use.
2. Three Passport size photographs (of 35 X 45 mm with white Background on matte finish paper & 80% face area). Please make sure your teeth are not visible. If you wear eye glasses, please wear transparent/white lenses while getting the picture clicked. Embassies usually reject photographs of subjects wearing coloured lenses.
3. Cover letter from the ‘main applicant’ or the person incurring journey expenses explaining the reason for travel.
4. Visa application form, duly filled and signed by the passenger(s).
5. If you’re a businessman, a cover letter on a business letterhead of your company stating your position and length of service.
6. Last 3 months’ personal bank statements in original on banks’ stationary. The account balance should be INR 40,000/- per person, and the bank Statement should be stamped by the bank.
7. Air tickets and hotel vouchers.
Please note that an NOC letter from the person bearing your expense and his national ID proof will also be required.